Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 06:38:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DELETING WINDOWS 95, Please Help

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Greg Lehey wrote:

> StarOffice is very hungry for memory.  Judging by the times you
> mention, I'd guess you have 16 MB of memory.  Increase that to 32 or
> 48 MB, and it will be dramatically faster: it won't crawl any more,
> it'll just be slow.

No, I have 64mb ;-)  And no I'm not gonna try to get 32 more.

> I hate StarOffice.  It's just like Microsoft Word, the screen is full
> of little unrecognizable pictures, and the editor is really weak.  But
> if that's what you're used to, and you can't make the step to a
> separate editor and formatter, then it might be for you.

I like it because it's graphical and somewhat less awkward than emacs
(for me).  If I had my way, I'd like to see a [free] version of WP 5.1
(for DOS) ported over to some *nix with long file name and perhaps lpr and
ghostscript support.  Rumor has it that was written in assembly. ;-)

> >> Please FreeBSD guys, Help me to get rid of Windows 95.

- alex