Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 23:52:48 +0100
From:      jmdupx@yahoo.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: content / list of manpages

"man man" was not exactly what I meant,  since that gives options
and switches for configuring the output or the display when you
man a command, which is fine if, say, I wanted to print a batch of
stuff out or do whatever the other options give you choice of.

what I really meant was,  what manpages are there,  meaning
when  I type "man command",   where can i get a list of all
"command" for which there is a manpage that I have in my
distribution ? (if you can do that)

is there a file extension in freebsd (like in DOS where you have
*.com or *.exe) which tells you for example that a file is executable
or will run or whatever if you enter it at a command prompt, as
opposed to just containing information ?

this would be a useful way for me to slowly feel my way around the
system using the resources at hand.

thanks in advance