Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:09:34 -0500
From:      "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
To:        Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dilemma. how to store DOS directories ?

> I feel a restore_msdos is necessary but what do others think ?  (That
> is remember there could be non-FAT16 information to restore, long file
> names, etc (which NetBSD is meant to support but I haven't yet checked that
> out).

I'd agree, but because 'dump' and 'restore' were meant to be
FFS-specific, and have in the past been arbitrarily changed to match
FFS formats.

Given that the various FAT formats aren't really related, it seems
like a bad idea to try to wedge them into normal 'restore' (or 'dump,'
for that matter).

chris