Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:11:49 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, jrs@enteract.com (John Sconiers)
Cc:        wjv@cityip.co.za (Johann Visagie), chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SGI releases XFS under GPL

At 1:15 AM +0000 2000/9/29, Terry Lambert wrote:

>  In any case, since you're familiar with XFS, you should be
>  able to see that metadata integrity is one aspect of XFS, and
>  is one aspect of soft updates, but the technologies could in
>  fact complement each other tremendously: they are future
>  partners, not competitors, since in the majority of cases,
>  what they bring to the table, other than metadata integrity
>  guarantees, is non-overlapping.

	Cool.  I couldn't have hoped for a better answer.  I'm looking
forward to seeing your work on integrating these two filesystem
technologies!

Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium