Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 20:47:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Michael Richards" <michael@fastmail.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot Loader Progress...

Michael Richards writes:

 > Does anyone have documentation on how to interface with the alpha
 > bios to perform low level things such as reading blocks of data? I
 > would like to verify that calls are being made properly.

'Alpha Architecture Reference Manual, Third Edition'
 By Sites, Richard L. / Witek, Richard T.

I think the calls are correct, but we may be making them in a way that
tickles bugs on this platform's SRM console implementation.  Eg,
we do something which is technically legal, but which no other
bootloader does, so it happens not to work.

 > Finally, assuming that I do get this problem fixed, is there anyone
 > specifically that I should be sending patches to?

I'm sure if you mailed them to this list, all of us comitters on this
list would be falling all over each other to commit them. ;-)

Drew