Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:02:16 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, thierry@herbelot.com, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Subject:   Re: Porting NVidia linux kernel modules to FreeBSD

On 11-Mar-01 Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
>  On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> > It is, at least for me.  I've been waiting for XFree86 4.0.x to come
> > up to the same FPS performance numbers since it came out.
>  So, are you saying that 3.3.6 performs better than 4.0.2?  If this is true
>  I might dump 4.0.2 and go for 3.3.6 (luckily there's server with ttf
>  support builtin).

Well, in 3d it is better because you can use Utah-GLX with 3.3.6 but not 4.x.

In 3d 3.3.6 is worse because it doesn't accelerate 24bit displays (and maybe other
aspects).

DRI would be nice, but nVidia don't agree so the Linux foo would be next best.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum