Date:      Sun, 04 Feb 2024 09:58:26 +0000
From:      Benoit Chesneau <benoitc@enki-multimedia.eu>
To:        "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Anyway way to set an interface IP not reassigned during netif ?

Im' using the machine as a gateway and use one of the interface as an OOB a=
ccess to the applications. I should be able to launch automated commands to=
 re-configure the applications an other network interfaces from this OOB in=
terface.=C2=A0

The issue I have is that when I update the rc.conf and launch the command `=
service netif restart` and same for the `routing` it will reset all interfa=
ces and reassign the configuration to them. Which disconnect the client mak=
ing the upgrade. What would be the way the way to prevent it?=C2=A0

For now I'm thinking to set the interfaces and routing =C2=A0separatly but =
hen I miss the flexibility of rc.conf . Is there another way to do it and e=
nsure an interface won't be resetted?

Beno=C3=AEt

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?R7eXqqlpmGAhZR8k92wnjawRfQV6TYcikTyDRu06iIFgHaYAStM6fRP5VfXEvCVy3XohWHb1mHiwWSI6jgHQhX8OrLZeW92E33I3FWZsLcU=>