Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:35:17 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Tzanetos Balitsaris <tzabal@it.teithe.gr>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org,  Hugo Silva <hugo@barafranca.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, tzabal@freebsd.org
Subject:   jitsi (was: Re: working SIP phone for FreeBSD?)

El día Friday, December 28, 2012 a las 10:44:08AM +0100, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> > I've used your port and installed Jitsi on my laptop; thanks; do you
> > know why the account window on my sreen (1024x600) looks so ugly:
> > http://www.unixarea.de/jitsi.jpg
> >
> > it registers fine to my Yahoo account and I will try SIP later on.
>
> and I could not make jitsi using /dev/video0 of webcamd (which works
> fine in Skype and other apps); any idea?

I have had a look into the Java sources:

in jitsi/src/net/java/sip/communicator/impl/neomedia/device/JmfDeviceDetector.java

initializeVideo()

there is no support for FreeBSD (only for MAC OS, Linux and Windows); I
added it the same way as Linux would do, hoping that our V4L2 is
doing its job; but it turned out that the Java/C interface shared object in
jitsi/src/native/linux/video4linux2 does not get built by the port and
so it says in the log file:

12:57:00.189 INFO:
impl.neomedia.device.JmfDeviceDetector.initializeVideo().307 No Video4Linux2 detected: no jvideo4linux2 in java.library.path

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org
E-mail: guru@unixarea.de     |  \ / - No HTML/RTF in E-mail