Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 10:11:25 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Rick Lotoczky <rickl@ic.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: possible sc0 problem

> In message <XFMail.971012101450.rickl@ic.net>, Rick Lotoczky writes:
> >
> >Hi
> >
> >Did I miss something or did the virtual terminal capability go away using
> >sc0?  It was working fine with the -current kernel from a few days ago.
> >It seems to have broken this morning (10/12/97) with the latest cvsup change
s.

> I saw the same thing.  Use the right ALT key as a workaround...
>
> Soren ???

Before we blame Soren, what are we all talking about here?  The Alt
key is on the right now, as per my change to kbdtables.h, and the left
Alt key is now META so that bash and emacs and other users who are
used to saying things like "M-F" to move forward a word can now do
this with syscons's out-of-box configuration.  There are a couple of
open PRs (if I can only find them) over this one and I just finally
decided to do something about it.  Before now, we had no default
meta key at all.

				Jordan