Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:16:37 -0500
From:      "Harkins, Cheryl K" <ch160001@Exchange.AtlantaGA.NCR.com>
To:        "'ports@freebsd.org'" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CTK port of TK for curses

Help.....

I am new to the TCL and TK concept.  Can you please answer a few basic
questions for me.

First, my name is Cheryl Harkins and I work for NCR in the Retail division.
We need a product that supports GUI for WIN32(95, NT, 2000) and a Character
UI for UNIX (MP-RAS, SCO, AIX, HPUX, SUN....).  A single code base is also
desirable.

With CTK can I write my UI in TK for the WIN32 and then with the SAME CODE
base use CTK for a character base on the UNIX side?  If so what
modules/software is required?  What is different for the OS platforms? Are
there any costs associated with TK and TCL?  Are there any rapid GUI
development tools available for TK?

Cheryl Harkins
Phone (770) 623-7741
Pager (888) 899-6228