Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:10:10 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MFC of src/etc/rc.subr

Doug Barton wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Gordon Tetlow wrote:
> > I'm going to MFC src/etc/rc.subr into -STABLE probably tomorrow unless
> > someone has some grevious reason that it shouldn't.
>
> Personally I think it's way too premature to consider this, before we
> actually have things working in -current.

Since it won't be turned on by default, this should be a
non-problem.  Even if it were turned on, it should *still*
not be a problem, until people provide ports rc scripts in
the new format.

I think things *are* working in -current.

The intent, I think, is still to allow ports made for 5.x to
run on 4.7 when/if it becomes available.  That's what was
promised, the first half dozen times this issue came up.

-- Terry