Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 07:58:57 +0930 (CST)
From:      Mark Newton <newton@internode.com.au>
To:        billieakay@yahoo.com (Bill A. K.)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Solaris Binaries on FreeBSD

Bill A. K. wrote:

 >      I was wondering if we can run Solaris Binaries on our great OS? I've
 > heard that OpenBSD can do it. If FreeBSD will, what do I need to do this?

Grab a copy of the Solaris/x86 libraries from Sun (they'll ship you a
CD set for $10 which includes SPARC and x86 binaries).  Then look
at http://www.freebsd.org/~newton/freebsd-svr4/ to see how to make it
work.

Note that the module sources on the web page have not been tested with
3.x for a very long time.  You really ought to be running -current to
expect this to work.

    - mark

----
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton@internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton@atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82232999