Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 03:06:00 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "'Edward Gold'" <edgold@mindspring.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sysinstall 'A'uto partitioning

> For complete newbies, having "two formatting menus" seems weird too, and may
> be confusing. (I'm quoting one of my housemates).

For complete newbies, you really only want to ask one question up-front:

    "Do you want to use all available disk space for FreeBSD?"

If the answer is yes, you go do the rest on their behalf without
asking anything more than, perhaps, what kind of installation they
want (desktop, server, etc).  If the answer is no, then you get into
the more detailed questions.

- Jordan