Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:50:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, <java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SV: 1.3.1 patchset 2 (early adopters)

it's a 'no classdef' and it helpfully points out that the missing item is
a native method.

that would imply to me that it's looking for a dll *oops* ld.so that isnt
in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, i run into this sort of thing at work.....

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Marc van Kempen wrote:

> > Before I download the 12M Cocoon 2.0b2 source over my poor 33.6k modem...
> >
> > Do you know if it works with any other 1.2.2 JDKs (e.g. Linux or Solaris)?
> >
> > I just want to rule out the possibility that its just incompatible with
> > 1.2.2 :).
> >

> Ok, no segfault, but this time a missing library:
>
> ERROR   27916   [cocoon  ] (Thread-32): Error compiling sitemap
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/naming/NamingException
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java, Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.AbstractPool.newPoolable(AbstractPool.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.SoftResourceLimitingPool.grow(SoftResourceLimitingPool.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.SoftResourceLimitingPool.initialize(SoftResourceLimitingPool.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.PoolableComponentHandler.initialize(PoolableComponentHandler.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.addComponent(ExcaliburComponentSelector.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap.load_component(AbstractSitemap.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap$Configurer.configTransformers(sitemap_xmap.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java, Compiled
> Code)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerator(GeneratorSelector.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.addCompiledComponent(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java,
> [...]

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life