Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 1996 22:41:26 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: sys/i386/i386 mp_machdep.c

Peter Wemm wrote:
>   "borrow" the pci_ihandler_attach() code and adapt it for the ipi
>   routines.  I have a modified version of config(8) which has 4 slots
>   reserved for the ipi interrupt stats.  This allows "vmstat -i" and
>   "systat -vmstat 1" to be aware of the ipi counts when SMP_INVLTLB
>   is in use.  If the user is not running a "smp aware" config(8), it'll
>   still append the counts to clk0 just like it did before.

Incidently, directly after booting and logging in:

interrupt      total      rate
clk0 irq2        8568      129
rtc0 irq8        8498      128
ipi irq27       33284      504
sc0 irq1          280        4
sio0 irq4           9        0
lpt0 irq7           1        0
ed0 irq5          134        2
stray irq13         1        0
Total           50775      769

.. and then doing a 'cvs -q update -d -P -A' on the smp tree:

interrupt      total      rate
clk0 irq2       23125      138
rtc0 irq8       21474      128
ipi irq27       53146      318
sc0 irq1          415        2
sio0 irq4           9        0
lpt0 irq7           1        0
ed0 irq5          153        0
stray irq13         1        0
Total           98324      588

Note that my eisa disk irq's show up under clk0. (Sigh!)

Still, that's a hell of a load of invltlb() calls...

Cheers,
-Peter