Date:      Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:27:34 +0100
From:      "[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WEP not working

--------------enig93A6343849D4DE4FD083B54F

Dhclient does not work through wpa_supplicant when the connection has
been established with WEP encryption. You can hand connect without
wpa_supplicant and dhclient will most likely succeed.

If you wish I can send you my self-brewed daemon to automatically
establish connections. It doesn't support wpa, though.

Francois Kritzinger wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> FreeBSD noya.local 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0: Sun Feb=20
> 5 12:32:51 GMT 2006     root@noya.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NOYA=20
> i386
>=20
> DWL-G520 rev. b3 (Atheros 5213) wireless NIC
> D-Link DSL-G624M wireless ADSL router
>=20
> In Windows it all works fine with WEP, in FreeBSD it works fine
> without WEP, but I just can't get it to work _with_ WEP.
>=20
> Commands used:
>=20
> ifconfig ath0 ssid xxx channel 6 wepmode on weptxkey 1 wepkey 1:0x11223=
34455
> dhclient ath0 (just keeps trying to contact the DHCP server).
>=20
> The router is set to use a 64-bit hex WEP key.
>=20
> Any ideas?
>=20
> --
> "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food;
> therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
> merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." =E2=80=94=
 Leo