Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:32:49 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Anastasia Leventi-Peetz <leventi@fgan.de>
To:        users@ipv6.org, users-ship@ipv6.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftpd-BSD and standalone

although in the bieringer Site it is explicitly written that the
ftpd-BSD must be  started in standalone modus, I had tried to build it in
the inetd.conf and that was the reason why I couldn't make ftp to
a host where the ftpd-BSD was started by ftp request. I have tried the allow
and deny files, seemed to work when I started the request from a free-BSD
pc, but a file transport from a Linux SuSE (with the same server running)
was impossible (421 ftp error code) though the connection was succesful
(/var/log/messages). When I start the daemon in standalone modus
there are no problems.
Does anybody have experience with this thing?
Anastasia