Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:10:21 +0100
From:      Cats <cats@catslab.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Geode SC1100 i2c bus

Hello all,

I've been looking for some technical infos and/or driver for the i2c bus on=
 the Geode SC1100 processor under FreeBSD 6.

I found i2c stuff, tried to compile a kernel with it but nothing showed up.=

I had a look at the sources and apparently it doesn't hook up to isa bus.

 From the geode databook, on page 11, i2c bus that is called ACB bus is in=
 the superIO block.
This superIO block is attached on the isa bus.

The ACB is at the same level than Uart, so I had a look at sio source and=
 got a big headache.
I'm not really used to drivers nor kernel programming stuff, that's why I=
 need your help.

My goal is to use the i2c bus on a wrap board to supervise voltages, pilot a=
 servo motor and so on.
I do not want to use USB because it's easier with i2c and I already have i2c=
 hardware ready.

Does someone already tried to use i2c bus on a wrap board under FreeBSD ?

I had a look at openbsd and looks like it has already i2c support, but I=
 ain't had time to build a system and test it on the wrap.
For now all my wrap boards run flawlessly with FreeBSD.

I searched the mailing list archive but did not found something that could=
 help me. Remember I'm not really good at writing drivers stuff.
I'd like to learn but I have no start point.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Cedric