Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 2020 20:44:35 +0300
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
Cc:        Morten Bo Johansen <listmail@mbjnet.dk>
Subject:   Re: Unmounting usb disk impossible

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 6:12 PM Morten Bo Johansen via freebsd-questions <
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I simply cannot unmount my usb disk. It is mounted by automount/autofs
> on /media/da0s1. I try to unmount it like this
>
>   sudo umount -At autofs
>
> but it replies with the error message
>
>   umount: unmount of /media failed: Device busy
>
> I run lsof grepping for "/media" or "da0s1" both with and
> without sudo. Nothing shows.
>
> I got no terminals accessing the mount point, no zombie
> processes or anything.
>
> If the error message is really correct and some process is
> actually accessing /media, how do I find it if lsof shows nothing?
>
> Any other advice?
>
> Thanks,
> Morten

You did not write your mount statement .

It seems that your umount statement is completely wrong .

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=umount&sektion=8
umount

You are saying that

"Unmount ALL of the mounted files in "fstab" .

Please check manual of "umount" to write specific file(s) to unmount .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk