Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:41:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup7.freebsd.org downtime for upgrades

In article <XFMail.010116135528.jdp@polstra.com>,
John Polstra  <jdp@polstra.com> wrote:
> CVSup7.FreeBSD.org will be down for at least a few hours this
> afternoon (Pacific time) so that we can perform a hardware upgrade.
> It may be down again later in the week as we rearrange things on
> the disks and bring the OS up to date.  Thanks in advance for your
> patience.

This has unfortunately escalated to "downtime for repairs." :-( CVSup7
will be down for at least a few days.  People who rely on it should
switch to one of the other mirrors for the time being.  There are 14
others (cvsup1 - cvsup15) in the US to choose from.  I apologize for
the inconvenience.

The NetBSD, OpenBSD, and gcc collections which existed only on cvsup7
will be unavailable until it comes back up.

John