Date:      Thu, 09 May 1996 22:30:56 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcl interface to GIMP?

For starters
o we should create the plug-ins as shared loadable modules
  that will eliminate the shared memory requirement.

o Perhaps investigate using X11R6's XIE for storing images and manipulating
them in the X server.

o tcl interface plus a tk interface so we can create user friendly
filters which can be modified at run time.
  The tcl/tk interface would just invoke actions on gimp

The guild and perl approach is fine however you really want to have
also a graphical interface to the scripting language. The origins
of GIMP are in Lisp so it does not surprise me that its authors
have chosen guild.

	Regards,
	Amancio