Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 2000 19:54:41 -0400
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        bentley <bentley3@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: etheme to work?

bentley wrote:

> how do i get the *.etheme to work?
>
> i found the global etheme directory, i downloaded a theme from e.theme.org with
>
> the *.theme extension.  But when i click on the Desktop THEME button for GNOME...it doesn't
>
> want to allow me to INSTALL NEW THEME.  am i supposed to unpack the file or something?

Enlightenment themes and GNOME themes are two different things and aren't
necessarily compatible. It also depends on what versions of E and GNOME you're
using, there was a point in time where GNOME could manage E themes, but those
days are long gone. If you want info on installing Enlightenment themes look at
http://www.enlightenment.org, for info on GNOME themes try http://www.gnome.org.
I think e.themes.org also has some tutorials, but I've never looked at them.

-Brandon