Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:35:12 +1100
From:      Iain Templeton <iain@research.canon.com.au>
To:        David Kleiner <kleiner@panix.com>
Cc:        Jordi <jordi_yc@lycos.es>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.0-release: sony vaio pcg-r505te freezes

You wrote:
>Jordi,
>
>When I did acpiconf -d to disable acpi, the system froze.
>I booted back to win-me and disabled sleep/hibernation/shutdown
>from there.  The laptop has been running fine ever since.
>
>Do you know if this is bios firmware problem or a general sony vaio
>acpi problem?  Is there a workaround, other than disabling acpi
>all together?

well, as a data point, I have a pcg-r505tfp (I think it's that one),
and it works well with ACPI, only the cardbus stuff doesn't work (and
psm, but that was fixed by cvsuping).

Well, trying to do suspend/reboot with ACPI fails (the machine never wakes
up again), but other than that...

If I disable ACPI, I get a panic in the swapper process whilst doing pnpbios
stuff.

Iain