Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:54:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@vic.cioe.com>
Cc:        shovey@buffnet.net, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USR Total Control

We were as close as signing a lease agreement to buy four of these, and
then USR's "devel team" told the salesperson they would have to charge
$7000 to compile their special Radius to run on FBSD, and they still
weren't sure if it could be set up with a menu so users could select ppp
or an rlogin into our shell machine.  It dragged on for 4 months with no
resolution, so we dropped it.  I even offered access to a machine here for
them to use for development and mentioned that lots of ISPs use FBSD,
Linux, etc.  They only support Solaris and NT (blech).

Charles