Date:      Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:26:07 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Elshar" <elshar@cheekan.org>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SATA RAID Cards +  FBSD 4.9

I have always recommended 3ware cards and still do.  Its officially
supported now as well, however support prior to that through the
drivers natively present has been most excellent.  My news server has
a series of RAID0 drives, my main mail spool on RAID10.  My offsite
backup server is .75TB box on RAID 5.  In fact, today we pulled a dead
drive from that box (dead as in knocking dead) and added a new one and
all was well.  We are just starting to use the SATA versions of the
cards.  Its the same interface so it was really easy to integrate into
our mix and uses the same stable drivers in STABLE.

	---Mike