Date:      Sun, 26 Oct 1997 17:10:45 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help with fstat?

Alfred Perlstein scribbled this message on Oct 26:

> i'm trying to write a program that will dump a file through a TCP
> connection, i've decided to use fstat() to get the optimum tranfer info...

well...  I would recommend you mmapping the file, and simply write the
whole data... of course this will limit your file size to just below
2gigs...

this will prevent an extra copy to your local buffers...

hope this helps..  ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD