Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:08:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Carlos Santos <cajo@mail.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Alpha Server 2100A

Carlos Santos writes:

 > FreeBSD was the one who actually started the kernel, but it hangs
 > afterwards...
 >

 > I've read in the archives that the 2100A is a bit different from 2100 and
 > for what i've looked in the CVS, there's some code to make FreeBSD boot in
 > the 2100A, right ?

Yes.

 > So i need someone to shed some light on me about installing FreeBSD on this
 > machine, is it possible ?
 > If needed i can post all the configuration of the machine...

Make sure you are using the very latest release (4.3).  2100A
support was not added until a few months ago, and nothing earlier than
4.3 will work on a 2100A.

There's no support for EISA devices, and to get multi-processor
support (which was added only last week & is still quite rough), you
need to run -current.

Drew