Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 02:00:09 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Colorado Tape Drives

Hi,

does anyone have any experience of using HP Colorado Tape Drives with
FreeBSD? I'm considering getting the 5GB internal EIDE version, if anyone
knows any problems with that particular drive I'd like to know. I'm
assuming the wst(4) driver should support it. (On a 3.1-STABLE system,
btw.) If these drives are particularly bad, does anyone know of any good
[E]IDE devices?

I'm sure SCSI drives are better, but other than performance, in what
ways are SCSI ones better? Backup speed doesn't really bother me that
much.

Cheers,
--
Ben Smithurst