Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 11:24:26 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        "Lawrence Farr" <freebsd-net@epcdirect.co.uk>
Cc:        "'Joe Clarke'" <marcus@marcuscom.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unable to install -stable snap via FTP

Sysinstall doesn't verify checksums in transit (though that would be a
cool feature).  It's really a mystery as to why this is happening,
unless something's broken in libfetch, since sysinstall didn't change
with respect to this and every indication is that the code should Just
Work(tm).  If I ever get some time, I'll build a local release here
and test-install it to see if I can instrument the problem at all.

- Jordan