Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 1995 23:38:49 -0700
From:      fadorno@ix.netcom.com (Fred Adorno )
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Printer acting up again

Hi, Sean, it's me again.  I don't know what happened to cause the laser
printer to act up again.  If you recall, it was only printing one line
of ASCII then it would form feed forever.  Well, it is doing it again.
I erased a file named "lpt0" that was in my root dir.  I did a cat to
see why it was there.  It just contained the ASCII printout I guess
from the last time.  Anyway here is the printcap once again, along with
the shell "lpf" and what the error messgage in lpd-errs was.

Printcap reads:

lp|epson|action|laser|Epson Actionlaser 1500:\
    :lp=/dev/lpt0=var/spool/lpd/epson:mx#0:\
    :if=/usr/local/bin/lpf:\
    :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

"lpf" shell reads:

#!/bin/sh
printf "/033&k2G"
exec /bin/cat

lpd-errs read:

lpd [142]: cannot execv /usr/libexec/lpr/#!/bin/sh

What should I do?