Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 19:43:11 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Fredrik Neisler <fredrik.neisler@telia.com>
Cc:        girgen@partitur.se, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: postgresql-7.1.1

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 03:07:15PM +0200, Fredrik Neisler wrote:
> Hi!
> I tried to install PostgreSQL ver 7.1.2 and it doesn't seem to work either
> with make or the make -DWITH_OLD_LAYOUT all I get is a bunch of "Error 1"
> from /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7
> Please help me with this problem.
> Thanks in advance
> /Fredrik Neisler, Sweden

Not that I'm an expert on PostgreSQL (actually, I know next to nothing
about PostgreSQL), but just to point out: "Error 1" is just make(1)
telling you that some program exited with error code 1.  Any error code
which is not 0 means that something has gone wrong.  Exactly what has
gone wrong can only be seen from the lines *before* the 'Error 1'
messages start.

When reporting an error, you might paste 5-10-15 lines from the make(1)
output before the 'Error 1' lines start.  If the whole output of
'make clean all' is not more than a couple of screenfuls (25- or 30-line
screenfuls ;), you might even paste the whole of it into your email.
Just telling us that it ended in 'Error 1' does not help a whole lot :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
I am jealous of the first word in this sentence.