Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:59:33 -0400
From:      alexus <alexus@gmail.com>
To:        apache@FreeBSD.org, ale@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: apache-2.4.X & php5-5.4.X

Hello,

sorry if I'm jumping the gun, but as you probably already know Apache
httpd 2.4 released yet no updates at or at least I didn't find any at:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/bsd.apache.mk in terms of when package/port
would be created

slightly off topic yet still _VERY_ important peace and _VERY_ widely
used is mod_php. I know that was discussed about million times through
mailing lists and other ways but, many would agree that mod_php is so
widely used it should be incorporated into a separate package by
itself and while we're on this topic new php-fpm should also be
available through a package installed rather then ports. I understand
that goal can be reached through /usr/ports but for one reason or
another that may not be an option for someone and as I mention before
I'd say majority of FreeBSD's web servers are using it and only minor
amount of servers are not using it, so why is FreeBSD targeting
minority vs majority?

http://alexus.org/