Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:22:41 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   aha question

How important is hard wiring a aha device?  I'm reworking the aha
driver to support probing for the self identification and to better
support plug and play.  In order to do this, I have created an
identify routine which scans all the devices in the traditional
self probing order and adds device children as needed.  The only
problem with this that I can see is that it destroys the ability to
hardwire aha instances to unit numbers in the config file.  While no
pci drivers support this, and the isa ep driver provide strong
evidence that I don't need to support this, I thought I'd ask here.

Also, if I need to support this, how would I go about doing that?

Warner