Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 20:12:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <ANDRSN@HOOVER.STANFORD.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compiling PGP

I'm having trouble compiling pgp on FreeBSD 2.1 so that it will run
properly--when I try to decrypt a file encrypted with a test key I get:

Error:  Nunexpected format.  CTB=0x75

I found a message from Sean Kelly by searching the FreeBSD web site
that provides straightforward instructions consistent with those that
come with the program, which I got from MIT.  However when compiling
pgp (using make netbsd) there's a message about a previous declaration
of lseek--conflicting types in zipup.c (a pgp file) and
/usr/include/sys/types.h.   When the lines in types.h referring to
lseek are commented out, the program compiles, as it does if "int"
in these lines is changed to "long" (the binaries created in these two
cases are identical).

Perhaps there's something else that needs to be done to the makefile
or the platform.h file before this will compile correctly?

Any help would certainly be appreciated!

Annelise