Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 15:56:58 -0700
From:      "Hervey Wilson" <herveyw@dynamic-cast.com>
To:        "Peter" <fbsdq@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Follow-up:--TX underrun, increasing TX threshold -- is dc0 driver broken?? Linksys broken??

From: "Peter" <fbsdq@yahoo.com>

> Ok -- I get the TX underrun error about 4 times, then it goes to the
> 'Using store and forward method'.

I get the underrun messages using the de driver on a DEC DE500B (tulip)
driven at 100mb speed during large transfers. This card was a little odd -
at first it was recognised by the dc driver but I could never get it to
work. Using the de driver I have to force the media to 100BaseTx.

Is this problem something more fundamental than the driver or the specific
network card ?

H.