Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 04:53:21 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Christophe_Pr=E9votaux?= <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MPLS

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 11:25:14AM +0200, Christophe Prévotaux wrote:
> What is mostly wrong ?

mpls is done as a filter-based forward in junos, not much different
then the firewall component of junos. this is all done on the IP-II.

so did you actually setup a network of these machines? if that worked,
they have some sort of emulation layer in the absence of the IP-II.
I was pretty sure such an emulation layer existed, but to my knowledge
only in developer builds.

in any event, juniper isn't going to part with any of that code.

> Why don't you just try to get your hands on
> a JunOS 4.4 and install it over a 4.x FreeBSD
> and see by yourself ?

because if I was going to do that, I'd just install olive.

and just because you install it over 4.x freebsd and it works, doesn't
mean its 4.x freebsd based, it means you have a working a.out interpreter.

--
Bill Fumerola - security yahoo         / Yahoo! inc.
              - fumerola@yahoo-inc.com / billf@FreeBSD.org