Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 02:05:27 +0900
From:      JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
To:        graeme.n.brown@bt.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PIM for IPv6 on FreeBSD

>> Can anyone tell me where I can download  a FreeBSD port of
>> PIM for IPv6 source code  ?

> 	www.kame.net.  we have pim6 dense/sparse mode in weekly snapshot kit.
> 	(ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/)

A bit of correction. Both PIM daemons are in the KAME's standard kit;
kit/src/pim6dd and kit/src/pim6sd, respectively.

So please get them from
ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/{snap, stable, release}/

Please note that pim6sd is only in the snap releases. Although there
are stable or release versions of pim6dd, the latest snap version
would be more *stable*. We've been heavily using pim6dd after the
RELEASE version is released.

Also note that pim6sd is working but is still on the way to
stabilization. Please be careful to use it.

I have to note one more thing. Since there is no standard API for IPv6
multicast routing, the KAME's PIM daemons would not be portable on
other IPv6 kits for FreeBSD(e.g. NRL or INRIA).

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Laboratory
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba
					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp