Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 11:26:47 -0900
From:      Robert Norgard <rnorgard@gci.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem With Secure Shell Found

Several weeks ago, I posted a question asking for help on why I
couldn't get secure shell to work on one of my three networked
computers.

The one that did not work was a new install of 3.1.  The problem
was that I had forgotten to update the file: /etc/resolv.conf

With this file empty, (or wrong) ssh would commence
authentication, but then fail, apparently with no route back to
the requestor.

Hope this helps someone else.  A friend of mine took one look at
it and said "Duh!"  Oh well, can't all be that good.

-- Bob Norgard,
Anchorage, AK

PS   Many thanks to those others who had suggestions for me.