Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:11:06 +0200
From:      Harald Weis <hawei@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samsung SCX-4200 printer

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 03:06:42PM +0200, Alexander Shikoff wrote:

> That's all. If you have any issues/question feel free to ask. Have a nice day!

Thank you again on-list, Alexander, for your comprehensive instructions
which would have worked immediately if I had read
/usr/ports/UPDATING before switching linux_base. My own fault.
Sorry to all others for the long silence, I was very busy elsewhere,
but I guess nobody was waiting for me :-)

The printer works like a charm.
But I had no success with the scanner for which I employed
Alexander's philosophy in order to download the required libraries.
Now all libraries are there, but:

Running smfpscan yields:
WARNING: configuration file not found
sane_init -
QApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver

Running mfp yields:
direct mfp:/dev/mfp/4 "Unknown" "MFP USB Port #0"
direct mfp:/dev/mfp/5 "Unknown" "MFP USB Port #1"

Seems hopeless under FreeBSD. I suppose the solution to my problem
is called "HP Laserjet M1120 MFP".

Harald