Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:13:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Peter Lai <PeterL@resnet.uconn.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting ext2 on 4.2-release

Peter Lai <PeterL@resnet.uconn.edu> types:
> i am trying to use `mount_ext2fs -o rw /dev/ad0s2 /mnt/lin' and
> vfsload(ext2fs) says "no file or directory".

What's the exact text of the error message - you need that to tell.

> what's up with that? i have a suspicion it's because it's a fresh install of
> freebsd and there aren't any kernel modules for ext2 yet. (i'm still using
> the generic kernel)

Well, I get that error message if either 1) the mount point (/mnt/lin)
doesn't exist, or 2) the kernel module ext2fs.o doesn't exist. So you
could be right, or it could be that you need to do a mkdir on
/mnt/lin.

	<mike
Independent WWW/Unix/FreeBSD consultant,	email for more information.