Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 02:37:19 -0500
From:      Mark Woodson <mwoodson@bacxs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More specific help with lame and ices

After digging deeper into the problem I'm having getting ices-0.2.2 and lame 3.89 to compile, I've narrowed the problem down to one line.  Unfortunately my C skills were never great so...

The compilation is failing where the function lame_init() is called.  It's called with no parameters "lame_init()' and the compiler complains because it's defined with one parameter, a struct "lame_global_flags".

The prototype for lame_init is:

void lame_init(lame_global_flags *);

Which makes it a pointer to the struct, right?

The line in reencode.c that's causing all the trouble is:

if (! (stream->encoder_state = lame_init ())) {

So I figured I could just change it to:

if (! (stream->encoder_state = lame_init ( lame_global_flags* ) )) {

But it doesn't work, I just get a different error message "Syntax error before 'lame_global_flags'" on that line.

Can anyone point out what I'm missing?

-Mark