Date:      Sat, 01 Feb 2003 18:20:08 -0500
From:      Dragoncrest <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't install fetchmail - HELP!

	Hi all.  Trying to install fetchmail but it keeps saying that it can't
find intl.4 so it tries to install gettext and that complains that it can't
find expat.4 and then fails out.

	I tried going to the fetchmail homepage but that's apparently moved and
the guy who's providing the homepage for fetchmail has a really screwed up
personal homepage and I can't find any of the install files for the actual
program.  I'm trying to reinstall fetchmail on a new box, but not having
much luck.

	Any help is more than welcome.

	Oh, and as a help, here's the errors I get.

[root@webbox fetchmail]# make install
===>  Installing for fetchmail-6.2.0
===>  Warning: your umask is "0077".
       If this is not desired, set it to an appropriate value
       and install this port again by ``make reinstall''.
===>   fetchmail-6.2.0 depends on shared library: intl.4 - not found
===>    Verifying install for intl.4 in /usr/ports/devel/gettext
===>  Extracting for gettext-0.11.5_1
 >> Checksum OK for gettext-0.11.5.tar.gz.
===>   gettext-0.11.5_1 depends on executable: libtool - found
===>   gettext-0.11.5_1 depends on shared library: iconv.3 - found
===>   gettext-0.11.5_1 depends on shared library: expat.4 - not found
===>    Verifying install for expat.4 in /usr/ports/textproc/expat2
===>   Returning to build of gettext-0.11.5_1
Error: shared library "expat.4" does not exist
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gettext.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/fetchmail.