Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 08:42:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Intuitive Design Info <info@in-design.com>
To:        jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>
Cc:        Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP site

On Sun, 9 Feb 1997, jack wrote:

> Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 01:33:29 -0500 (EST)
> From: jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>
> To: Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: FTP site
>
> On Sun, 9 Feb 1997, Dean Anderson wrote:
>
> > Then just don't imply to anyone that you have msql, or anything else you
> > don't actually have.
>
> If you had bothered to glance at the README you would have been aware that
> what is offered in the ports directories are PATCHES and MAKEFILES to
> painlessly port these applications to FreeBSD.

Not that it is much more different, but I had problems compiling Abuse
for wintel on my FBSD machine.... hmmm wonder why!  j/k

Please stop this crazy mail.  Original poster, read the readme's as the
site suggests when you cd to the directories, and realize what pwd you
are in.  When I d/l things for my sparc, I look at an archie return with
something that has to do with a sparc.  Not that this should always be
the case, but get a bit of a CLUE!

`					Tamer ZIady