Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 1997 11:34:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      chad@anasazi.com (Chad R. Larson)
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

> On Thu, Jul 31, 1997 at 11:01:28PM -0700, Satoshi Asami wrote:
> > We will make sure everything compiles and
> > works in 2.2-stable, so when the next release comes out, we'll have a
> > functional set of packgaes.  (Also, people following -current are
> > generally more capable of building stuff themselves. :)
> >
> > [reference to TCL/TK deleted]
> > It is dubbed BETA of all things on the master site, and we haven't
> > even had it in our ports area to test it.
>
> Then I=B4d vote "back it out!"  ;-)

I'd second that.  I'd like to see the "Release" of FreeBSD to contain
the core system.  User contributed stuff should all be integrated
through the ports process.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                          Brother, can you paradigm?
602-870-3330    chad@anasazi.com     chad@anasaz.UUCP      chad@dcfinc.com