Date:      Thu, 8 May 1997 00:01:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@bitbox.follo.net>
To:        Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@asteroid.intermedia.ru>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewall and IRC

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to make well-built firewall allowing DCC gets and puts. I don't
> know much about IRC protocol, can anyone help me with ready-made recepie?

natd and PPP+pktAlias support it.  You can look at the code there; it
works, though it is a bit of a kludge.  There is no actual standard
for DCC - everything is defined as 'the way ircII works'.

There are some documents about the protocol at ftp.funet.fi, but
they're somewhat dated.

(And no, I don't know of any other proxies that support it, though
there probable are some.)

Eivind.