Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:15:24 +0300
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        Paul Saab <paul@mu.org>
Cc:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: diskless workstation

In message <20000920110744.A55357@elvis.mu.org>you write:
}Matt Dillon (dillon@earth.backplane.com) wrote:
}>     A quick review of the code seems to indicate that this is indeed a bug.
}>     As far as I can tell, the IN_CLASS*() macros assume host order.  e.g.
}>     from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:
}>
}>     #define IN_CLASSA(i)            (((u_int32_t)(i) & 0x80000000) == 0)
}>
}>     Since s_addr is in network byte order, the conversion is necessary.  If
}>     this fixes Danny's problems, and doesn't break anyone else (Paul?), I'd
}>     say it should be committed.
}
}After playing with it somemore, I agree.. It doesn't break for small
}networks, which is what I was testing on.  I'll commit the fix.
}
i still think that this part of code is useless.
why overwride the info supplied by dhcp? if it's wrong then the dhcpd.conf
should be fixed or some message printed. at the moment, bootp silently ignores
some info it conciders wrong - wrongly :-)

	danny

}paul
}