Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:35:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache 1.3.6 or apache 1.3.6 + PHP

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Peter Kok <cckok00@stlinux.ouhk.edu.hk> wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
>  > I removed apache 1.3.6 and installed apache + PHP
>  > but their configuration is different!
>  >
>  > apache 1.3.6
>  > DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/data"
>  >
>  > apache 1.3.6. + PHP
>  > DocumentRoot "/usr/local/share/apache/htdocs"
>
> Yes.  Just change it in the httpd.conf (it was renamed to
> apache.conf in 1.3.9, I don't know if it was still httpd.conf
> in 1.3.6).  Type ``apachectl restart'' after the modification.
>
> Regards
>    Oliver

Apache ports are inconsistent and the varying install target dirs are
confusing. Personally speaking, apache is the one thing I find easier to
install manually rather than from ports... at least I know everything will
always end up in /usr/local/apache without having to muck about with the
Makefiles.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000