Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 1998 11:40:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      MegaFred <mfred@zen.triax.com>
Subject:   Missing Operating System!

Hello All,

After many attempts at installing FreeBSD on a bootable 9-gig scsi drive
(Quantum ATLAS II XP391000, one 2-gig FreebSD partition with the automatic
labeling scheme), I constantly get an error message saying "Missing
Operating System".  This happens only when doing the "standard" boot
method, rather then using the boot loader.  When I use the boot loader, I
just get the F? prompt.  I'm using the correct geometry as specified in
the Quantum Manuals (setting the geometry in the fdisk util).

Anyone have a quantum 9-gig whos had a similar experience and been able to
solve it?

Thanks.

Joe Read