Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:35:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports-Installation problems

Since a few days I have got a problem in installing ports form
the ports repository. First, I ran into much trouble installin the new
libtool 1.3.4. With pkg_delete I extincted all older versions and reinstalled
the newer one, but it won't work. Then, suddenly, it worked but I don't know
why (maybe because of a build-world). Now I tried to fetch libtool again, but
after getting the libtool.tar file, extracting and typing make, I receive
the error message that fetch could not find the appropriate fiel. fetch looks
for ".tar.gz" instead of "libtool-1.3.4.tar.gz". This happens to some packeges,
too. The full name is not given to fetch and it seems to be a bug.

Now I tried to recompile the MySQL server because after make world of yesterday
mysql-client drops with coredumps for no reason (SIGNAL 11). When compiling it,
I get this:

Your libtool installation is out of date. Please remove
and reinstall /usr/ports/devel/libtool.

well, this seem to be a circle with no escape. Please help ...

Gruss O. Hartmann