Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:28:00 +0200
From:      ds <dk-sk@skynet.be>
To:        Mark <redtick@sbcglobal.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        dk-sk@skynet.be
Subject:   Re: supermicro sat2-mv8 sata raid card driver in Freebsd 9.0

Hello,

the driver for the  supermicro sat2-mv8 card (88sx61xx chip) is in the
kernel (mvs.ko module) indeed.
But the kernel keeps loading the wrong driver (hptrr.ko) : even when I
escape to the loaderprompt before booting the kernel and give the
command "unload hptrr.ko" or "disable-module hptrr" , the command
"pciconf" -lv still shows the hptrr driver attached to the sat2-mv8 card
(hptrr@pci0:3:1:0) when the system is booted from the boot CD.

So how can I resolve this problem without editing the iso-image of the
boot CD or DVD and getting rid of the hptrr.ko module ?

kind regards,
Dirk